How women win.
The Alpha Girls Institute, a 501(c)3, provides graduate and undergraduate scholarships to women leading fearlessly, transcending barriers, and serving as agents of support for other women in efforts to shape a more equitable world.
You are unique and so is your journey – share your story to be considered for a scholarship.
Along with financial assistance, scholarship recipients will have lifetime membership in the Alpha Girls Institute and access to valuable networking events with other creative, innovative, and trailblazing women in the Alpha Girls network extending beyond your campus. Additional benefits include:
- $10,000 award for Undergraduate Students
- $15,000 award for Graduate Students
- Honored at Alpha Girls Live Nation Festival in the summer
- VIP access-pass to Alpha Girls Live Nation Festival in the summer
- Inclusion in the Alpha Girls resume book, which is distributed each fall to Alpha Girls Institute sponsor companies
- Life-time Alpha Girls Institute membership
- Enrollment in Mentor-Protégé program
- Leadership development opportunities in planning your school’s Alpha Girls Clubs outreach
- In-person book-signing with Author Julian Guthrie and the original Alpha Girls
The Selection Criteria
The following are guidelines the designated Scholarship Committee will consider as they select candidates for the Alpha Girls Scholarship.
- Candidates should exhibit demonstrated promise in areas of originality, fearlessness, transcending barriers, and supporting other women and girls.
- Candidates should demonstrate a commitment to empowering women and girls personally or via community involvement.
- Alignment with the mission of the Alpha Girls Initiative.
- Financial need is given strong consideration.
- Strong Story-telling skills.
- Diverse career goals, educational background, work background, ethnicities, and citizenship valued.
The Selection Process
The selection process includes:
- A written application and story-telling video. The completed application and video must be submitted by the deadline. Stay tuned for more details.
- Personal interviews are required as part of the selection process. Qualifying candidates will undergo an in-person or video conference interview.
- Following the interviews, candidates will be rated on a pre-determined scale. The highest-rated candidates will be selected the winners of the scholarship award.
- Be a member of an Alpha Girls Club.
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a postgraduate (Master’s or PhD) or undergraduate program in an Accredited University (in the United States or Puerto Rico).
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) OR have a minimum 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent) in combination with two years of full-time work experience.
- Recipients are required to attend an Alpha Girls Live Nation Festival luncheon in their honor in the summer of the current year.
Note: Students of all nationalities are eligible for consideration.